Re: [OM] OT: Weekend Weather

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Weekend Weather
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2020 20:17:06 -0800
On 1/10/2020 3:45 PM, Ken Norton wrote:
The beauty of living in Anchorage is that we rarely get storms here of
any form. It's kinda neat living where cold/warm fronts just don't
occur. The big low-pressure systems tend to track south of here and
the anti-clockwise winds get blocked by the mountains. So, seeing the
lower-48 get these big storm systems almost seems like a foreign
concept. I wouldn't know about any of them if it wasn't for facebook.

I wouldn't know about any of them , but for this list. Oh, we do get occasional
pix of showy stuff from Mass.

We do have winter storms roll down from the Gulf of Alaska, but they are pretty tame, compared to the rest of the conUS. They come through, rain here, snow in the mountains, some wind, but nothing serious, and well, I don't know what happens to them next..:-)

Spring Moose