[OM] Six Rainbows

Subject: [OM] Six Rainbows
From: Mike Bloor <admin@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2020 17:50:11 +0000
On Xmas Eve I was taking my dogs for a walk along the beach when it started raining. With the help of the reflection on the wet sand, I grabbed a picture of six rainbows. http://www.vyuze.com/images/rainbows.jpg

Technically it's not great. It was taken with an iPhone and having a 35Kg dog tugging on his lead at the same time is the very opposite of image stabilisation. I know the mechanism that creates the main rainbow and also the outer one of the double rainbows that we see quite often. Can anyone explain the short, vertical rainbow in between those two? I have seen this effect before, but only rarely.

Mike