Re: [OM] Sub-Zero Sunset

Subject: Re: [OM] Sub-Zero Sunset
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2020 13:31:39 -0900
> Great Ken - keep sending us these images because I won't be coming to visit
> at <-10F !

It's actually a bit of a heat wave. It's been hovering around -15F to
-20F at the house for weeks. We've had a couple days slightly above
zero, but it snowed those days. This isn't "normal" here.

But in all fairness, it's almost tropical compared to the interior
where it's been below -60F. That's insanity. Those are not windchill
or "real-feel" temperatures, those are actual temperatures.
Thermometers don't work when it's that cold temperatures.

However, it really isn't any different than living in Phoenix in
August. You only go outdoors when you need to.

When bundled all up, it really isn't all that bad. I've worn my arctic
gear at almost -30F and except for my fingers and face, I'm
comfortable. The finger problem is easily addressed with liner gloves
and hand warmers. The feet are toasty in my -140 boots.

AK Schnozz