Re: [OM] Sherlock the Bookstore Cat

Subject: Re: [OM] Sherlock the Bookstore Cat
From: Philippe <photo.philippe.amard@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2020 13:41:27 +0100

> Le 31 janv. 2020 à 01:47, Christopher Crawford <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> a écrit :
>
> I wouldn't, and didn't. Cropping tighter would have removed the context from
> the image; it would have been just another photo of a cat.

So true.

> It is part of a larger project documenting that book store, the Wells Street
> area, and Fort Wayne. Its part of a larger story, and your suggestion would
> prevent it from being a useful part of that story

Well, aren’t you the editor after all :-)

I would simply like to add that Moose’s suggestion concerning the bokeh. I
share his perception. But not the solution offered, in your context.

I presume you’re using LR. So I’d locally decrease the whites, the clarity and
focus, of the upper right corner where these « sparks » occur and are indeed an
impediment. The rest is very atmospheric and nice as such.

Hope this helps

Philippe