[OM] Problem and solution, updating lens firmware on Panny G9

Subject: [OM] Problem and solution, updating lens firmware on Panny G9
From: "Michael R. Collins" <MRC.OlympusList@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2020 20:46:10 -0500
Panny G9 plus Oly ED 14-150 F/4.0-5.6 II and Panny 100-300 F/4.0-5.6 II. Getting ready for Bonaire/Curaçao trip and some amateur birding.

Got the firmware update for the camera, followed the procedure, no issues. Emboldened.

Got the firmware updated for the 14-150 (or so I thought), camera wouldn't see it. Tried downloading on a different platform, tried a smaller SD card. No luck.

Switched to Panny, got the firmware update for the 100-300 (or so I thought), again camera wouldn't see it. Tried the same additional steps, no go.

Tried chat with Panny Support, agents don't really listen to what you say and want to walk you through all steps over again. Gave up without solution.

Then yesterday, staring at the lens boxes, suddenly the "II" popped into view. Checked the Oly firmware site, the lens name didn't include the "II", so no firmware update available. Emboldened again. Checked the Panny site, I'd downloaded H-FS100300 firmware, there was none for H-FSA100300.

Lesson re-learned: read. Carefully.

Michael