Re: [OM] OT: Dialup Intrnet

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Dialup Intrnet
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2020 15:01:46 -0800
On 2/11/2020 12:38 PM, Chris Trask wrote:
      If I could find a way to use my smart phone as a hub I would gladly get
an unlimited data account and do away with the 19CL landline.

Exactly what we do on the road. iPhones on Verizon with seniors unlimited data plan and WiFi hot spots on the phones. Did the same thing in Ireland.

Nothing like a real, broadband connection, but far better than none.

Of course, they may throttle speed, if we overdo it, but a far greater problem is we are so often where cell connection is poor or nonexistent.

At least Google Maps lets one download maps to the phone, so it works without
cell connection.

Hot Spot Moose