Re: [OM] OT: Dialup Intrnet

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Dialup Intrnet
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2020 18:25:08 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     Looking through my checkbook I see that my 19CL bill is about
$72.50/month, and I really only use it for internet connection.  My prepaid
TracFone costs me $11/month.  That's damned foolish.

     So, I'm going to seriously look into this Mifi stuff as being fully mobile
with the laptop makes a lot of sense.

     Verizon has a 4G LTE unlimited plan available for $75/month.

>>      Equally amazing is that I can step outside my front door, see
>>buildings at Arizona State University, and yet cannot get DSL.  They
>>probably have better internet service in Mongolia.
>>
>>      Just another sunny day in high-tech Amerika.
>

>I can't speak to Mongolia, but would be almost certain that we have
>better Internet service in Igiugig, Alaska, than you do at your house.
>In fact, other than speed caps and latency due to satellite
>connectivity, Little Diomede Island probably has better Internet
>service than what you get. At least all the customers there have
>high-speed Internet--no dial-up.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson