Re: [OM] OT: Dialup Internet

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Dialup Internet
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2020 13:38:06 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     OMG!!!

     Getting to the point of desperation, I looked through the manual for my
TracFone ZTE899 phone and dug into the topic of "WiFi Hotspot".  With a little
experimentation I discovered that the internet connectivity I've been wanting
has been here all along.  DUH!

     First, you go into the SETTINGS and turn the MOBILE DATA function on.
Then you go to WiFi HOTSPOT, turn it on, and enter the password on the laptop.
Now you are connected to the internet.  And there is light at the end of the
tunnel.

     Before I indulge in this I need to see what data plans are available from
TracFone.  I know that I can get 1G for $10, but there must be others
available.  I should probably watch what my data usage is before purchasing a
plan, and it's got to be less than $90/month.

     This is wonderful!

     Life is good!

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson