Re: [OM] Unintended Consequence - Good One

Subject: Re: [OM] Unintended Consequence - Good One
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2020 11:34:42 -0900
Very interesting image comparisons. Overall, I see tremendous benefits
there. I personally prefer a bit of tooth to my images in the form of
grain or film-like noise structure, but the smoothness, without
fakeness is mostly attractive. This is something that Topaz seems to
be getting mostly right.

I do laugh about the AI thing getting things mostly right until there
is no predicting when it will jump the shark. This reminds me of the
Nikon F5. The auto-exposure functionality of the F5 is simply
unmatched, even today. The learned image database fuzzy logic thing it
has is mind-boggling. Until it isn't. Without warning, and without
rhyme or reason, it'll just go berserk on an exposure right out of the
blue. You have no idea that it's going to go nuts until you get the
images back and scratch your head and say "how????"

AG Schnozz