Re: [OM] Unintended Consequence - Good One

Subject: Re: [OM] Unintended Consequence - Good One
From: Wayne Shumaker <om3ti@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2020 09:33:55 -0700
Thanks for this information. I can't imagine living without Topaz SharpenAI now.

I recently got a notice from TopazLabs of a new pricing model. The claim was
that the previous model forced them to release new products in order to
generate sufficient revenue. Now the model goes to yearly update model on major
releases. (or something to that affect) Which will allow them to focus more on
improving existing products.

I suspect from the previous pricing model DenoiseAI versus SharpenAI used a
very similar engine as both have denoise and both have sharpen. The denoiseAI
may rely on the sharpenAI technology to determine noise and vice versa.
Releasing more than one product with similar underlying technology to create
revenue.

As for Georgia O'Keefe's reasons, you could also try some of the Topaz Studio 2
abstractions... :-)
Fun with Moose photo https://photos.app.goo.gl/GEoxdJ5dhN9eLooz5

Speculating WayneS