Re: [OM] IMG: A Kodak Capture

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: A Kodak Capture
From: Jan Steinman <jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2020 07:25:29 -0800
> From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>>
>
> The biggest advantage is being
> able to build into your imaging sensor most of the support electronics
> that would otherwise need to be in additional chips.

What about power consumption?

CMOS technology in general is very power-friendly. You’re basically charging
and discharging tiny capacitors, instead of causing currents to flow.

The extent of my experience is that I once designed and built a simple reverb
using an early “bucket brigade device,” as they were called in those days.
Sounded distinctly artificial, compared to the spring reverbs of the day.

Jan