Re: [OM] E-400 Surprise

Subject: Re: [OM] E-400 Surprise
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2020 12:25:32 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

>I recall that the e-400 was never sold by Olympus in Northern America.
>
>So I'm not surprised.

     That clears up the oddities that I have encountered.

>The e-410/20/50 and e-510/20 had a different (Live MOS) sensor, not a CCD
>by Kodak.

     Then I lucked out by first using the E-500.

>The e-400 has no live view I think, Ken? The later models did. Update: I
>found some talking on dpreview about an e-400 with Lv button and
>capability: <https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/2657400>. Interesting.
>

>>   Hmmm...  This is odd.  I had a difficult time finding the manual for the
>> E-400, and on evilBay there are none available.  Quite a few E-410's,
>> though.
>>
>>      The manual wasn't even available from Olympus.  Very odd.

     The 510 and 520 have live view.  More interesting, the use of a wired
remote through the mini-USB connector first appeared on the 510, though the
manual does not mention it nor for the 520.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson