Re: [OM] Apollo Mission Control

Subject: Re: [OM] Apollo Mission Control
From: Mark Marr-Lyon <mark.marrlyon@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2020 20:26:02 -0700
Cc: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, lug <lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Thanks for showing those Peter! I spent quite a bit of time in Houston,
mostly at Ellington Field, but part of it at JSC, during grad school and
some years ago I was there for a work conference. Tours were arranged of
many amazing facilities, including the Apollo control room. That was prior
to the restoration, though they told us it was to begin soon. We were
allowed out of the observation room and given quite some time just to
wander around the consoles. Even though I was limping badly because of what
turned out to be my first experience with gout, it was absolutely
ineffable. One of the coolest places I have ever been to, and I'm very glad
it's part of the public tours now.

Mark