Re: [OM] IMG: Another E-1 / Leica-R Lens Collaboration

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Another E-1 / Leica-R Lens Collaboration
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2020 08:29:24 -0600
Thanks, Chris.

On 2/28/20 5:39 AM, Chris Barker wrote:
You have great patience, Jim, to concentrate on such careful focus jobs.  Each
image looks very good, but the ladybird is excellent.

Chris

On 28 Feb 2020, at 00:29, Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Though they are used infrequently, there is an extender for the Elmarit-R 60mm
Macro to enable extreme closeups.  With the temperature in the low 30s F., I
dug out the extender and looked around inside the house.  These two shots were
hand-held, and, in the case of the Lady Bug, of a moving subject.

One of my late wife's favorite sun catchers, bought years ago in Gatlinburg, TN:

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20200227-P2278436.JPG.html
<http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20200227-P2278436.JPG.html>

During this time of the year, our house is invaded by Lady Bugs seeking a warm
refuge.  In their crawling around on the windows and countertops, they gather
up dust from seldom-accessed places.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20200227-P2278446.JPG.html
<http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20200227-P2278446.JPG.html>

Captured by the venerable Olympus E-1