Re: [OM] IMG: Surface Textures

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Surface Textures
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2020 08:25:06 -0600
Hi Moose,

I appreciate the kind words and the critiques.  You are right on all counts.

As I approach 90, I am more aware of my shortcomings.  All of these "macros" were hand held, and some were in awkward positions.  I no longer trust myself to stand on a stool, etc. Hence, the tilted images.  To deal with focus, I shot  several frames and  picked the best.  And, as you demonstrated with your example, your eyes are much better than mine.

I'm sure focus stacking is a great technique.  With my health distractions, I just haven't seen fit to learn new tools.  Maybe somewhere in the future.