Re: [OM] The current Zone-10 Living History Farm

Subject: Re: [OM] The current Zone-10 Living History Farm
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2020 11:18:53 -0900
> Do I not recall your discussion of at least three different versions, with
> one, perhaps the middle one, having super powers?
> I remember disappointment that mine wasn't in the estimated magic serial
> number range.

You are correct. Mine is an odd one somewhere in the middle that
appears to have the same lens configuration as the black-nosed, MC
variety, but is semi-mc coated. It has more coatings than the early
ones, but lacks the green reflection of the later ones.

The last series has better contrast and color neutrality for color
film. Honestly, I think that a good example of the final series would
be preferred.

As a general rule, the earlier Zuikos in the 35-100 range tend to be
sharper in the center with less flat-fieldness. Later versions are
less sharp in the center, but sharper in the corners and have
increased flat-fieldness.

But the silver-nosed ones are still better looking.

AG Schnozz