Re: [OM] Monochrome

Subject: Re: [OM] Monochrome
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2020 15:35:56 -0800
On 3/4/2020 1:30 PM, Tina Manley wrote:
Thanks, Moose.  I use Monochromes because I think differently when I know
I'm shooting B&W.  I frame and expose for B&W instead of color.  It may
sound weird, but I can definitely tell the difference.  I love B&W and
would like to use Monochrome for a whole trip sometime.

Oh no!

Your monochrome photo of the Bangladeshi stone carriers in the LUG Annual is perfectly nice, but the colors of their costumes, those of the sand carriers and their lush surroundings are the ones seared into my visual memory.

Maybe when I retire.

The Leica SL seems to be pretty waterproof.  It went under with the
Monochrome and is still working fine.

I can recommend an Aga as a new stove ;-)

Not the right fit, for our small kitchen and for my way of cooking. I have cooked a tiny bit on one; sweet things, but not for me.

I don't bake, for example. Never did much, and apparently haven't for a long time. When my son and girlfriend house sat for us last Fall, he told me the oven didn't work. I had no idea. Thinks like meatloaf get cooked in the big toaster/convection countertop oven.

The oven still doesn't work. I haven't decided whether it's worth fixing. It's a 1956 GE electric range, simple almost beyond belief, these days. I likely could fix it, but perhaps wouldn't mind a gas range. But which one?

Cooking in Color Moose