Re: [OM] [LRflex] PANO : Giza pyramids - Aram - Douglas

Subject: Re: [OM] [LRflex] PANO : Giza pyramids - Aram - Douglas
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2020 12:54:42 -0700
On 3/8/2020 7:13 AM, Philippe wrote:
Thanks All,

Aram : I felt like still a little boy when standing there - not as massive or bulky as a US
viewer would expect them to be - we’ve seen higher, larger, etc. And yet, there for
thousands of years, and hand made …

On another plane; they are harder to shoot than anything else. They are by themselves nearly perfect
geometries, but take a lens and four or five pyramids and suddenly, the parallels … the
verticals … that’s why this one is a mid-range 15 or so shots pano

Well, you've certainly done a great job!

NewGrange in Ireland is most likely a few hundred years older, and also difficult to photograph in a way that captures what it looks and feels like when there. Because it's on top of a hill, any photo on the ground is looking up at it. <https://photos.app.goo.gl/uQkSGwaASun3rT2t5>

Low angle, low elevation shots from the air work best.

Tours do get one into the small chamber at the end of the passage, but photos
are not allowed.

Patiently waiting for more photos. :-)

Monumental Moose