Re: [OM] IMG: Seen Around the Yard

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Seen Around the Yard
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2020 16:53:45 -0700
On 3/9/2020 3:42 PM, Jim Nichols wrote:
I had to Google "grape stake fence" to see what you meant.  My neighbors have some wooden fences that use wider boards, but resemble those, and they have also had to replace or reinforce posts that rotted at the soil line.

I thought about that. The grape stakes were still in pretty good shape, they're rough redwood, but the rest of the structure much the worse for wear and weather. I imagine the fence company may be able to reuse most of the grape stakes somewhere, as that quality is no longer available.

The old fence used 4x4 redwood posts. The new one uses 4x6' pressure treated fir, which is actually dimensionally slightly larger than finish lumber, in bigger holes, with much more concrete. The new fence is much more substantial, and once it gets a little weathering, will look better, too.

Your new fence looks nice, and I suspect, should last quite a while.

I think it's good for longer than I may be. ;-)

I also had them build a new gate at the side, as the old one had failed. If I fix the wire fencing under the back deck, we once again won't have deer in the yard.

Long Run Moose