Re: [OM] OT: Email Client

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Email Client
From: Mike Bloor <admin@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2020 14:27:17 +0000
I hadn't heard of Hermes. As a long time Eudora user I'd love an updated version that could use all the existing mailboxes. I have business mails going back to 1998 and it really pays off sometimes to see what happened long ago.

My main (perhaps only) problem with Eudora is the lack of support for International and extended character sets.

Looking at the SourceForge page on Hermes, it doesn't look like it's ready to be deployed yet though.

Re Outlook in Office 2000 - it is included in the Professional and Developer versions that we had. It didn't work on Windows 7 though. XP is the last version of Windows we used it on. Word 2000 and Excel 2000 can be used on Windows 7 without problems.

Mike --