Re: [OM] Safe in Place [was House Moving]

Subject: Re: [OM] Safe in Place [was House Moving]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2020 16:14:57 -0700
On 3/17/2020 3:13 PM, Tina Manley wrote:
My son is in the tourism business in Charleston, SC.  Not a good place to
be right now.  He is a hotel manager

Oof, I hope he and his family are OK.

and they just had to lay off or fire
80% of the staff.  The horse carriage industry just called in and fired all
of the guides and drivers. The horses will go out to pasture but they are
expensive to feed and have to earn their keep.  They won't.  All of the
restaurants and bars have closed.  A cruise ship just unloaded 3000
passengers

WHAT?

A cruise ship came into SF Bay, was hustled off to a remote place to tie up. All locals were taken into quarantine. Those from other places were sent off under quarantine.

The crew are still on the ship, also under quarantine.

  who had not been tested or screened.

How would they test/screen? Not nearly enough tests available. (Serious US Govt. failure.) That's why ours were all put into two week quarantines. The test is to be symptom free after two weeks.

The problem with a lot of protective measures is that, in the process of slowing the spread, they lengthen the time, and will need to be extended. That's going to put extreme pressure on those out of work. We've already offered help if needed to a couple of friends who may be hurt.

Speechless Moose