Re: [OM] Safe in Place [was House Moving]

Subject: Re: [OM] Safe in Place [was House Moving]
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2020 16:19:05 -0700
So far no one has it here on the Island. A friend with a boat (the whale poop sniffing dog boat)  is going over to Victoria to pick up my son-in-law. UVic has shut down. He will have to be incommunicado for 2 weeks since there are no tests here. Also a friend who will be staying with us is returning from New Zealand on Sat and has to do the same. Gonna be interesting.

Here's a story. Our Canadian friend Benjamin was traveling in N. Italy when they shut down so he headed south just in time. Then they quarantined  the whole country but he managed to get a ferry to Greece. So he was stuck in Greece with a rental car from France and all the borders were shutting down. Agency said tough luck. He made a marathon run up through Croatia, Austria, Germany to France and returned the car the day the agency closed and got to the airport just in time before the city shut down. He barely made it out and is self-isolated with family in Montreal.

As far a TP...it's spring and the thimbleberries are coming out No worries :)

Now we are going to self-isolate by taking a walk at the beach. We do quite a bit of self-isolating around here.

Stay safe