Re: [OM] Edsel Ford

Subject: Re: [OM] Edsel Ford
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2020 11:35:23 -0500
Nice to know, Dean.  My parents owned a '29 Model A when I was born, in 1930.  I remember it well.

On 3/18/20 11:04 AM, Dean Hansen wrote:
       Edsel Ford didn't deserve to have that "lemon sucking" design named
after him.  I've been a Model A and '32 Ford fan since high school six
decades ago, and Edsel Ford was responsible for much of the styling changes
that made the Model A Ford and the '32, '33, and '34 Fords so enduring.  A
couple decades ago a place called the Deuce Factory started stamping out
new '32 Ford frames.  This reproduction industry has grown considerably.
Now one can buy a new, all-steel '32 three-window coupe body, a steel '32
five-window coupe, a steel '32 roadster, and probably a dozen or more body
styles in fiberglass.  There are now more '32 Fords, nearly all
reproductions, registered in the state of California alone than Ford even
made in 1932.  This for a car that ceased being made 87 years ago.  That's
quite a testament to Edsel Ford's styling genius.  Dean

--
Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA