Re: [OM] IMG: My Daily Companion

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: My Daily Companion
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2020 13:54:29 -0700
On 3/19/2020 1:12 PM, Wayne Shumaker wrote:
Well said Moose.

I was thinking of commenting on e-readers, how much easier on the eyes than
normal tablet screens. I do prefer the paper white kindle but adjust the
backlighting to a low level. It does help in situations were the ambient light
is not so great, such as on a plane.

There are some books, though, that cannot be used on a kindle like device.

"Cannot"? More like "are useless on". PDFs can be converted to epub for the
Nook, but illustrations often fare poorly.

One thing you did not mention was the battery life of the e-readers is so much
better.

Yup/ Another reason I like the lightless ones. The trick is that the display uses no power except briefly when changing pages. The tech is interesting.

Nothing worse than being tethered to a charger because of low battery.

When traveling, I carry one or two spare battery rechargers.

Stuck at Home Moose