Re: [OM] Social Distancing - Breakfast Edition

Subject: Re: [OM] Social Distancing - Breakfast Edition
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2020 22:33:58 -0700
On 3/21/2020 12:35 PM, Ken Norton wrote:
http://zone-10.com/d1/node/336

Both photographically and as documentary, great.

Just a little something to explain our situation.

My omelette may not be the prettiest, but it was tasty!

Culinarily, though, I suspect it could have been better. The eggs look overcooked, even crumbly, in the last shots. One of my sons liked his eggs cooked "so they bounce if you drop them". I prefer them in omelettes and scrambles when the last thick parts of the whites have just set.

For over easy, like Huevos Rancheros, the yolks should be almost set, thick runny. <https://photos.app.goo.gl/pf2BC31oGHaivLpR8> Yup, I turn them over with a flick of the pan with my wrist.

I personally find it impossible to both get delicate eggs and adequately cooked fillings that way. Were I making it, I'd have the onions in butter in a separate pan, then the bell peppers, then, at almost the last moment, the avocado, just to warm it up a little. Onions almost caramelized, peppers warm and slightly softened, avocado that doesn't cool down the whole thing too much.

They all go in the omelette when the eggs are about half done.. Mmmmm.