Re: [OM] Update to Sharpen AI 2.0x or wait?

Subject: Re: [OM] Update to Sharpen AI 2.0x or wait?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2020 16:08:29 -0700
I know there are an increasing number of Topaz users here.  This update seems
to use a new installer and does not delete the previous version---odd.

The announcement email is wrong, probably out of date. The v1 app offers to upgrade to v2, and remove v1. I opted to keep v1, just in case.

Also at least two hot fix updates which suggests perhaps premature release
before squashing important  bugs.
Does it add a new plug- in for PS?

Yes, removes v1 and adds v2 plug-in.

I see a ton of complaints on the blog, but that is likely a vocal minority
having issues.

I've had no troubles, and have used it quite a bit. OTOH, I haven't noticed any changes in the underlying engine. I've had a few spectacular results from the Stabilize Mode, but I got those with the old version, too.

Wanted to check with the real intelligence on the OM list before updating the
artificial version,

As far as I have seen, it only adds batch processing. Still, any future updates to the engine itself will only arrive in the new version, so it's probably worth updating.

Stabilized Moose