Re: [OM] OT: New Sonie lens 20/1.8

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: New Sonie lens 20/1.8
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2020 22:03:29 -0700
On 3/23/2020 12:44 PM, Ken Norton wrote:
On 3/23/2020 12:03 PM, Wayne Shumaker wrote:
Warmth, it was a bit cool, around 70. Me and the reptiles prefer a bit warmer.

The linearity of the lens I first thought was my imagination. But it really
make it easier to frame the scene the way you would like. And not have
to post process that aspect of the image. Even at close focus it does not
seem to have the feel like a too wide perspective.
This is why I so love the OMZ 24/2.8 lens. It's wide, but very well
behaved. The 21/3.5 is an awesome lens and it too is well behaved, but
the photographer isn't. Going wider than 24mm requires discipline
which I don't have.

Interesting. Although I am always wishing for longer, I am also not uncommonly
wishing for wider.

The LR catalog tells me that, of 425 shots with the Panny 7-14/4, 231, 54%, were at 7 mm. At 14 mm eq., that's quite a bit wider than 20 mm, let alone 24, on FF.

In my 5D days, I had a 17-35 mm zoom. at San Simeon, all but four of the shots in all four of these sub-galleries were @ 17 mm. I wanted wider for most and REALLY wanted much wider for the pools. <http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MorroBay/HearstCastle/index.html>

20 mm wasn't even all that wide in OM days, what with the 18/3.5.

The Big Picture Moose