Re: [OM] Zuiko 14-54 Lens

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko 14-54 Lens
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2020 11:43:21 -0800
> Hold out for the faster focusing Mk II.

So, my acquiring your 14-54 was a two-fold thing. I needed a 14-54
sooner rather than later, and the price was right. And it's a
weather-sealed lens that can stand a ton of abuse. It, and one of the
E-1s will be subject to risky behavior.

But the Mk II is absolutely a better lens for several reasons. It does
focus faster, but the aperture blades got reworked and the lens holds
off from closing down to F3.5 as quickly. There were a couple other
changes too. It's really a superior lens in every way. But it is more
costly and has more limited availability. I will certainly get one at
some point, though, as it is a very fine lens.

One other thing of note about the Mk II lens is that those two
crossover points I've groused about have been largely addressed. The
underlying optical "flaw" was tweaked.

AG Schnozz