Re: [OM] Tamron Lens

Subject: Re: [OM] Tamron Lens
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2020 10:13:03 +0800
I purchased a Tamron 01A 33 years ago, it was the first 2nd hand lens I bought, unfortunately the aperture mechanism was fault so I returned it.

For sentimental reason, I purchased one in 2013. Actually I have purchased two, disassembled and cleaned them up then keep the better one which is now looks and works like new. The 01A is a very sharp lens but there are purple fringe at the long end. The flare resistance is also poorer than my OM lenses.

Around the same time, I have also purchased a Tamron 24-48/3.5-3.8 at a good price, it was full of dust inside out. I'd like to keep the lens after cleaning it up since OM does not have 24mm zoom. Finally I sold it since I found the resolution of this lens is not as good as my OM 28-48.

The mechanical construction and use of material of the Tamron is very good. I would say it is much better than OM lenses, especially the rubber grip, they are just like new even after 40 years.

C.H.Ling