Re: [OM] OT: Coronacooties

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Coronacooties
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2020 07:57:02 +0000
I share your wariness as well, Philippe, but I didn’t mean that sort of
tracking :-).  I meant that the disease’s reach could be monitored.  So, I
needn’t leave my home for the next two weeks, but if next Monday I feel
symptoms I can report it.  If my neighbours reported as well, the cluster could
be recognised.

That’s the idea; but I remain wary because . . .

. . . our PM’s strange Special Adviser months ago threatened to use the .gov
websites to glean extra information about the populace.  And on Tuesday I
received a text message from gov.uk <http://gov.uk/> repeating Johnson’s
message from a broadcast the night before.  So I’m wary of the Government’s
apparently sinister monitoring, and I would be unsurprised if the King’s
College database (among many others) did not become a target for more
interference.

Chris