Re: [OM] OT: New Sonie lens 20/1.8

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: New Sonie lens 20/1.8
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2020 12:49:18 -0700
On 3/26/2020 12:59 AM, Chris Barker wrote:
I’ve noticed the residue of the image in Capture One Pro, Moose.

The files of my TZ200 vary between JPG and Raw, with latter having the extra
distorted edges left on.  I suspect that that is what you mean.

Not quite. I found an example I did with C1 included, when I was using a trial version. <http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/tech/DXO/GateRawConv.htm>

Look at the little stupa on the left edge and the antenna, upper right. The distortion correction actually makes the image wider. DxO allows one to keep as much of that as possible, short of "wings" at the top and bottom edge, of that extra width. ACR, LR, Oly Viewer (and SilkyPix, for Panny) crop off part of the AoV I paid for.

In Capture One, I used their profile for the lens. That profile wasn't quite as good as DxO's, leaving some residual barrel distortion. And, it cropped even more off the sides.

I imagine you may have used C1 without a lens profile, or in some mode I didn't know about, if it left distorted edges? The trial is long gone for me.

Wider View Moose