Re: [OM] Self-isolating

Subject: Re: [OM] Self-isolating
From: Tina Manley <tmanley@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2020 16:10:36 -0400
I have a pack of non-latex gloves left over from canning season (jalapenos
require gloves).  My daughter is making masks to donate to the local
hospital.

I've found the main advantage of wearing a mask is that it keeps me from
touching my own face!

Stay safe.

Tina

On Mon, Mar 30, 2020 at 3:25 PM JOHN DUGGAN via olympus <
olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Take care.gloves are a very good idea, as long as you avoid face/eye
> contact. Normal masks less so. The small size of the virus allows it to
> pass through most masks unhindered. The main advantage of masks is they
> hinder droplets shed by an infected person from spraying in all
> directions. In the UK there have been worrying cases of hospital Doctors
> and Nurses killed by the virus, having been infected during the course of
> their work.Many health professionals STILL have not got the PPE that they
> need to function safely ! Hopefully there will be a day of reckoning for
> the present group of charlatans running this country. (end of rant)PLEASE
> take care. This virus kills without mercy.
> Regards John Duggan, Wales, UK
>
>     On Monday, 30 March 2020, 15:34:47 BST, Wayne Shumaker <om3ti@xxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
>  At 3/29/2020 09:00 PM, Moose wrote:
>
> >We know it's a risk here. Yet less than half those shopping when we did
> last Thursday were wearing gloves, and maybe a quarter wearing masks. Which
> of those not with a mask was infected, throwing off virus, but not yet
> symptomatic? How possible is it to really remain 6' apart in supermarket
> aisles?
>
> Good luck finding a mask or gloves. Maybe people don't wear them because
> they can't get them.
>
> WayneS
> --

Tina Manley