Re: [OM] Self-isolating

Subject: Re: [OM] Self-isolating
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2020 10:38:38 +0100
I’m trying to advise my mother, 86 with impending dementia (although she’d hate
me for offering that description) and living on her own in Portugal.

She wants to go shopping for food as there is no one to offer that service in
the countryside of the Algarve (as far as I know, I should check more
carefully).  She has gloves to wear (but no mask) but the gloves would be
useless if they became contaminated and she touched her face.

At least the locals are taking the threat seriously and exercising caution in
their activities, and my mother has seriously limited her excursions in the
last two weeks.

Chris