Re: [OM] Self-isolating

Subject: Re: [OM] Self-isolating
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2020 11:47:27 -0700
> From: Mike Bloor <admin@xxxxxxxxxx>
>
> At 17:01 30/03/2020, Jan wrote:
>> We've got about 1.4 Mormon's worth of food in the house.
>
> We need some explanation of this measure for those outside the US... a
> "Mormon's worth"?

Mormons are supposed to keep one year's worth of food in their home. I figure
we have about 17 months' worth.

And the following came up totally at random, but strangely apropos:

:::: We have now entered the cannibalization stage: the point where society
must now consume its own infrastructure to survive. The price of oil is not
high enough to replace reserves, or essential equipment. Fields will be pumped
until it is no longer economically viable to work them, and equipment will be
used until it can no longer can be repaired. Depletion is now beginning to take
its last victim; the immense wealth that was accumulated from oil’s rampant
consumption. -- Don Stewart <http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=Don+Stewart> ::::