Re: [OM] Unexpected Consequences

Subject: Re: [OM] Unexpected Consequences
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2020 20:06:46 -0700
I am very familiar with this issue Tina. Dan, a friend of ours has been deaf from a very young age. He reads lips and speaks pretty clearly and this has allowed him to integrate into mainstream society fairly well. Some of his signing only friends not so much. They are pretty isolated. I have a beard and have to remember to face him directly and enunciate clearly as he says the beard is like a curtain. Dan adapted a deaf dog so you can imagine how that works out :)