[OM] Grandpa

Subject: [OM] Grandpa
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 4 Apr 2020 11:19:23 +0100
My maternal grandfather served in both World Wars, mostly as a pilot, but also
as an engineer (from what I can gather).  He worked in Iraq (where he was
interned during the revolution of the 1950s), Ghana and India as a railway
engineer after the Second World War and I last saw him a couple of years before
he died in 1993, just short of his 100th birthday.

I’ve started taking a (belated) interest in his career and his ancestry, but it
has been impossible to find out anything about his parents.  So i thought to
check through some of his early photos for clues.  I’ve scanned a few and put
them in a mid-March blog entry:

http://cbimages.uk/?p=700 <http://cbimages.uk/?p=700>

The photo of him and some young lady wearing an army tunic is a little strange,
but he’s not here to defend himself or his motives . . .

Chris