Re: [OM] Self-isolating

Subject: Re: [OM] Self-isolating
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 5 Apr 2020 21:47:44 -0700
> From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
> I found this a thought provoking article, whichever side of the various
> arguments one sits:

[clip]

> Any thoughts?

I've thought the US was near collapse for decades, a big reason why I bugged
out in 2006.

Of course, I had no idea that a pandemic would be the straw that broke the
camel's back, but it wasn't rocket science to see that SOMETHING would push
things past the tipping point.

:::: What are the implications of a carrying capacity deficit for mankind's
future? What happens, for example, when supplies of oil become scarce, when
tractor fuel becomes unavailable or prohibitively expensive, and when farmers
again have to take 1/4 to 1/3 of the land on which they now raise food for
humans and convert it instead to raising feed for draft animals? -- William
Catton <http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=William+Catton> ::::
:::: Jan Steinman, EcoReality Co-op <http://www.ecoreality.org/> ::::