[OM] CCD image sensor cameras

Subject: [OM] CCD image sensor cameras
From: Wayne Shumaker <om3ti@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 2020 08:03:23 -0700
Given how much our esteemed, color savant, Alaskan photog has waxed eloquently
about Kodak CCD sensors, I have been looking into CCD cameras. DPreview 2017
discussion:

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/4227286#forum-post-60411351

>From that article, a search of CCD sensor cameras:

https://tinyurl.com/w9fdn8q

So my question is whether this is CCD specific, or Kodak CCD specific? (or Fuji
super CCD...). For instance, some claim the Nikon D200 has great colors as well.

Someone claimed, in the discussion, that it depends on the color filter of the
sensor. For CMOS sensors "...manufacturers broadened the light transmission of
the sensor filter to let more light in but weaken the color differentiation."

Inquiring Mind - WayneS