Re: [OM] CCD image sensor cameras

Subject: Re: [OM] CCD image sensor cameras
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2020 01:03:29 -0700
da Schnozz  writes:
<<That is even more true with Canon sensors than the others. They biased
<<towards light sensitivity than color sensitivity.

<snip long and informative stuff about sensor system color accuracy>

Accuracy, in any event, like resolution may be over-rated.  A pleasant color
rendering, and being able to over-extend the sliders to 11 may be just as or
more important.

If I were doing merchandise catalog shots, anything with controlled lighting and a need for accuracy in the output, maybe I'd be real interested in this stuff.

Take a picture of a landscape, flowers in the field, Layap women in their cool hats at 9,000', and the color of the light will always vary, and thus the colors recorded.

But, you know what? No one else was there, somehow recording perfect color, so there's no reference. If I think it looks off, I adjust it.

If it looks natural, and/or coincides with memory, it's fine.

It Ain't Broke Moose