Re: [OM] Stuck at home in Pennsylvania

Subject: Re: [OM] Stuck at home in Pennsylvania
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2020 13:07:39 -0700
> From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> We're counting COVID-19 deaths as
> anybody who dies while infected with COVID-19 regardless of the actual
> cause of death. So, the death rate from heart-disease and cancer have
> plummeted.

Not in the statistics I've seen.

In fact, there is evidence that, because the health system is so focused on
CoViD-19, that other causes of death have risen, because they are getting
inadequate care.

I'm not blaming health-care triage, though. It gets complicated by the need to
sequester the CoViD-19 cases. Heart disease and cancer are not communicable,
but you don't want to put a heart disease or cancer patient in a bed next to a
CoViD-19 case.

Here in BC, hospitals are all run by the Province, so they have made certain
hospitals CoViD-10-only. So if you're going in to deliver a baby, you don't
wind up right next to a virus factory. Ah, the evils of socialized medicine...

:::: My brother sent me a postcard the other day with this big sattelite photo
of the entire earth on it. On the back it said: "Wish you were here." -- Steven
Wright <http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=Steven+Wright> ::::
:::: Jan Steinman, EcoReality Co-op <http://www.ecoreality.org/>‌ ::::‌‌