[OM] IMG: Rainy Day Shots

Subject: [OM] IMG: Rainy Day Shots
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2020 14:57:59 -0500
Because of a stormy weather system moving through, I won't be out looking for flowers today.  I decided to see what my indoor blind had to offer.  This is a shop bathroom with the screen removed, allowing me to follow the wildlife activities in my back yard.

I decided to explore the "Digital Zoom" feature of my Olympus E-M1, to add a little more reach to the 50-200 SWD lens.  The manual says it is approximately equivalent to a 2X Extender.  To be honest, I was pleasantly surprised.  Here are two examples.

A Gray Squirrel  looking for sunflower seeds beneath a bird feeder:

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20200412-P4120910.JPG.html

A Black Capped Chickadee preparing to grab a seed and fly up in the oak tree:

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20200412-P4120921.JPG.html

As I was typing this email, lightning momentarily knocked out power in my neighborhood.  The email disappeared.

--
Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA