Re: [OM] Stuck at home in Pennsylvania

Subject: Re: [OM] Stuck at home in Pennsylvania
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2020 12:03:01 -0700
> From: Philippe <photo.philippe.amard@xxxxxxxxx>
>
>> Le 12 avr. 2020 ? 17:34, Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> a ?crit :
>>
>>> From: Philippe <photo.philippe.amard@xxxxxxxxx
>>> <mailto:photo.philippe.amard@xxxxxxxxx>>
>>> What do you need a ring flash for with that lens [50-200], if I may ask.
>>
>> It can be useful for any number of near-macro subjects. It totally
>> eliminates shadows, and can be useful for fill in bright sunlight.
>>

> FL eq 100-400 - do you really shoot macro with that FL?

One of the great things about that lens is a minimum focus of 1.2 metres. I
don't know what reproduction ratio that yields, but it does give you near-macro
capability.

:::: The primary impediment to community is the stranglehold that hierarchical
corporate-driven models of employemnt have on individuals. They so completely
drain the life-energy of people in endeavors that are only marginally related
to survival or fun that when people return home at the end of the day they're
exhausted, suitable only for a few hours of TV and dropping into bed. -- Thom
Hartmann <http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=Thom+Hartmann> ::::
:::: Jan Steinman, EcoReality Co-op <http://www.ecoreality.org/> ::::