Re: [OM] A few April walks...

Subject: Re: [OM] A few April walks...
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2020 11:01:52 -0700
Thanks for the comments.

Still using the 12-200 and still not happy with sharpness. It takes careful focusing and holding to get any decent shots. I still toss a fair amount. That said it sure is an ideal range for a walkabout lens. Maybe I can master it. I will take a look at the Topaz software but would really like to get it right the first time.

Interesting that the tree shots are mentioned. Maybe because I live in the trees I like to get out on the rocky outcrops and down on the prairie. :)

Goldenback fern is at the northern limit of it's habitat. Found mostly in CA. We a lucky to have a healthy population protected from the trophy homes which are displacing it. (and the only wetside cactus)

<http://www.interisland.net/watershed/mike/WalkDogs/Apr20/GoldenbackPreserve_4070033.jpg>

That's Oregon Manroot, /Marah oregonus/. It's vine-like and spreads around on the rocky outcrops.

A few more photos:

fruit: <http://www.interisland.net/watershed/mike/WalkDogs/May18/LimeKiln_05-16_0010.jpg>

tendrils: <http://www.interisland.net/watershed/mike/WalkDogs/May18/LimeKiln_05-16_0016.jpg>

bud: <http://www.interisland.net/watershed/mike/WalkDogs/Apr16/manroot_30005.JPG>