Re: [OM] Stuck at home in Pennsylvania

Subject: Re: [OM] Stuck at home in Pennsylvania
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2020 14:05:21 -0700
However, what you are experiencing is the pure definition of a "free
market". There isn't enough money to be made by anybody, so the
competitors are glad to leave Centurylink holding the bag.

Sounds like an AynRandian pseudo capitalism. (yeah, I know the right has cherry-picked her writings). Free markets in real life aren't such a black and white issue. Rural electrification and later with phone lines were actually of great economic benefit "cost-per-mile" aside.  As this virus is demonstrating we have to be team players. Hopefully when this blows over as much as can be expected the US heath system may finally be forced to ealize that truth.