Re: [OM] IMG: Song Sparrow

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Song Sparrow
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2020 22:05:52 -0500
I've had a few stunned birds fall on my patio, after striking the picture window.  This window is near a corner in an L-shaped house.  A few years ago, an enterprising sharp-shinned hawk figured out that, if he hid in bushes along the fence, and flew toward the feeders when birds were there, they would fly into the window trying to escape, and he would scoop one up and be gone.  I finally had to let the feeders sit empty for a month before he moved on somewhere else.