Re: [OM] Shop locally

Subject: Re: [OM] Shop locally
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2020 21:12:29 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
I take it that you are not a fan of porter.
Eye Pea A Moose writes:

<<< Nor am I. but I'll take it over any cola. :-)

I would bet that Black Boar Porter is a good one.  I don't mind lightish ones
w/o too heavy choc/toffee notes.  Mayflower Porter here is considered
outstanding and must say I agree.
Polygamy Porter was rather light but had odd aftertaste.  I wonder if the batch
I had did not boil off the precursors to diacetyl--ugh.   The latter  Porter
had not hidden the flavor/aroma  in the chocolate/toffee notes.  Still was
satisfactory.  I wonder if they were limited at the time to 4%.

https://www.olyendomike.com/Travel/Utah-2013/i-VbH7TNw/A

Just had and have one, Mike