Re: [OM] Speaking of Color {was Olympus E-1 Color Magic]

Subject: Re: [OM] Speaking of Color {was Olympus E-1 Color Magic]
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2020 02:31:21 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
<<Ektar 100 is one of the most difficult films to scan and get the
<<colors right. I'm pretty convinced that it's a film that needs to be
<<derated a full stop just to keep the shadows from blocking up, but
<<then the highlights skew.

I was definitely going to shoot some film in a few weeks in the Canary Islands
but alas all plans are cancelled of course.  I am very tempted to try the
Fujicolor Pro 400H but  devil you know principle may apply as am rusty, sigh.
Also the Schnozz can most often pull the iron out of the fire with scans.

This one wan't a major scanning issue but is still a nice scan.  I processed a
tad differently and made a metal print.  I planted the hybrid echinacea just as
a Monarch staging area a few years back in the hopes of getting a nice image.

https://www.olyendomike.com/Macro-2016/i-bgx6Bp2/A

Mike