Re: [OM] IMG: Breakfast Time

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Breakfast Time
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2020 12:01:51 -0500
Hi Wayne,

Thanks for the kind words.

I've currently got two feeders mounted in the back yard, though I have positions to mount more.  The oldest is a post-mounted metal feeder that holds a large quantity of black oil sunflower seeds. I think it was purchased from Audubon.  The second is a steel mesh and plastic feeder designed for smaller birds, which I fill with a seed mix.  I found it at Tractor Supply.  It hangs from a four-armed post that I originally had made by a welding shop to hold hanging baskets of flowers.  It transitioned to a combination of flowers and feeders while my wife was alive, but I'm not much with flowers, so now it's just one feeder.

I've tried suet feeders for the woodpeckers, but starlings just swarm on them and destroy them quickly.

I will try to get an overall photo of the yard for you later today.

Yes, we do seem to be on the migration path for both birds and butterflies.