[OM] Nathan's PAD 26/4/2020: liberation of the children

Subject: [OM] Nathan's PAD 26/4/2020: liberation of the children
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2020 20:59:46 +0200
During our enforced confinement here in Spain which has now entered its 7th
week, arguably the children have suffered the most. Adults could still go out
to shop for essentials or to work (if the job did not lend itself to
teleworking), but young children had no such excuse; unless they were sick and
needed to be taken to the doctor or hospital, they simply had to stay at home.

So now that the pandemic seems under control, the very first tentative step
towards re-opening of the country was taken yesterday: it is now allowed for
parents to go for a walk with their children younger than 14 (older children
are allowed out on their own under the same rules as adults). There are many
restrictions: no more than 1 km away from home, no more than 1 hour, only one
adult etc. But still, a small sign of hope. I drove along the beach road
yesterday afternoon because I had to go to a greengrocer that is open on
Sundays, and along the way I snapped a couple of pics from the car.

A father and his two small children on the beach promenade:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-m6J32rc/A
<https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-m6J32rc/A>

A little girl and her bicycle (the mother is just outside the frame):
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-B6Mg7LL/A
<https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-B6Mg7LL/A>

A small ray of sunshine in the bleakness.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman

Alicante, Spain
<http://nathansmusings.wordpress.com/>

YNWA

"I’m not arguing, I’m just explaining why I’m right"