Re: [OM] An Alaskan Sunset

Subject: Re: [OM] An Alaskan Sunset
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2020 22:26:20 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
<<<Nice!  Your timing was flawless.  I tried to stop, while driving in the
Smokies, and catch one like that, and I was WAY too slow.

Nice shot indeed.  After travel is allowed you should consider paying AG a
visit as previously invited.  He did have more time to set it the shot, not to
denigrate the skill in the timing in any way--perhaps a few more minutes
depending on where he was and the day of year.

At the solitces, the sunset duration is approximated by 142/cos(1.14*latitude)
and 128/cos(latitude)  ---seconds at the equinoxes--so being that far north
does make a difference.  This phenomenon  was clearly noticeable while we were
hiking in  Lofoten above the arctic circle, so I looked it up.

Slow poke set-up too, Mike